Book by 5 March to Enjoy 10% Early Bird Discount
Learn Progressive Asian Cuisine by Chef Ace Tan. Ace started his career in casual Japanese and Western restaurants. Subsequently, he went on to refine his skills in notable establishments like Pollen, Bacchanalia (1 Michelin star), and Les Amis (3 Michelin stars).
Soon after, he embarked on a tour of Asia to seek a better understanding of different Asian food cultures. Ace was in Korea as a consultant chef role and after as their Executive Sous Chef for a Michelin guide recommended restaurant, Flower Child in Seoul in 2018.
In 2019 onwards , Ace spearheaded a new project with 1-group, dubbed as 1-V:U, a hybrid of a restaurant serving progressive Asian cuisine and a rooftop day club, which created a communal style dining concept and evolving tasting menus.
In June 2021, Ace then evolved the concept to a residency in one of the venues in the group with the name ‘AISA’ which took an avant garde approach towards working with local artists collaborations to create a highly interactive episode model.
FLOWER GAROUPA | 红石斑
Wild caught red grouper fish stuffed with ‘ngor hiang’ minced pork and tiger prawns, drizzled with lemongrass fish bone sauce with garlic shoots and garlic crumbs
- Butterfly cut the red grouper fish
- Making the ‘ngor hiang’ mix
- Making the lemongrass fish bone sauce
- Making garlic crumbs with clean taste
- Final steps of putting the dish together
Wagyu ‘f1’ rump steak seasoned with Asian spice rub with side of ‘nam jim’ pesto
- Making the Asian BBQ spice rub
- Cooking the steak with perfect doneness
- Making the ‘nam jim’ pesto
Maitake rice with assorted Asian mushrooms and mushroom tea
- Washing Asian short grain rice
- Making the mushroom base liquid for cooking the rice
- Preparations of the different mushrooms
- Usage of the trimmings to make a light umami tea
- Different ways of having it
Suitable for All Levels (Novice/Intermediate/Advanced)
Maximum of 20 participants
CHEF ACE TAN
Chef will demonstrate all recipes. Participants will sample all the items demonstrated items.