Book by 10 July to Get 10% Early Bird Discount.
Chef Elise’s pastries are based upon the concept of always using authentic, high-quality ingredients presented in a beautiful, yet simple aesthetic. In 2013, Elise enrolled into pastry school in Paris, at Le Cordon Bleu. After gaining a diploma from Le Cordon Bleu, she further honed her pastry skills at Liberté, a small pâtisserie in Paris.
In 2014, Elise returned to Hong Kong and continued to train for the next several years in pastry kitchens at Michelin-starred establishments and hotels alongside award-winning chefs, including Amber at the Landmark Mandarin Hotel, Seasons French Restaurant by Chef Olivier Elzer, Island Shangri-La Hotel and most recently, the Peninsula Hotel. She now works as a freelance pastry chef and instructor.
In this hands-on course you will be learning several advanced French pastry techniques including:
- How to make a delicious buttery, crunchy tart dough (Pate Sucree)
- How to work with tart dough in hot weather and how to prevent shrinkage
- How to cook the perfect caramel and use it to make a creamy, smooth as silk caramel whipped ganache
- How to work with mirror glaze, control temperature, and how to blend to get the smoothest, bubble-free glaze
- How to perfectly glaze a frozen dessert with mirror glaze
- How to create beautiful gold stamp accents on mirror glaze
Banoffee Tart Components:
- Tart dough for the cookie base (Pate Sucree)
- Homemade Caramel
- Caramel Whipped Ganache
- Caramel Mirror Glaze
- Gingerbread Speculoos Crumble
- Caramelised Hazelnuts
- Gold Foil Accents
- Butter Cookie biscuits
You will be bringing home:
- This course will be a hands-on class where each participant will be guided to make the components of the tart and assemble their own [6″] banoffee tart to take home to share with friends and family!
CHEF ELISE YIP