Book by 15 Aug to Enjoy 10% Early Bird Discount
Chef Mano Thevar
Born and raised in Penang, Malaysia, Chef Mano Thevar has won a second Michelin star for his contemporary-classic Indian restaurant, Thevar. Chef Thevar’s dishes are inspired by the meals his grandmother cooked while incorporating European techniques to produce stunning modern plates.
Chef Mano has worked at renowned restaurants like the two Michelin-starred Waku Ghin, Pure C in the Netherlands and spent time honing his skills under French Chef Guy Savoy. His inspiration for Thevar bloomed when he helmed Meatsmith Little India.
For this special class, Chef Thevar is going back to his Malaysian-root in creating his favourite Nasi Kandar. Don’t miss out this amazing class!
The Best Nasi Kandar
This classic and popular Malaysian dish combines delicious coconut rice and with assortment of different curries, sides, and condiments. Traditionally associated with Penang, the dish was initially developed among the Indian community who brought their culinary traditions to Malaysia. They used to sell and transport the dish using traditional kandar bamboo sticks, eventually giving the dish its current name. Nowadays, nasi kandar is usually prepared and sold at hawker centers across the country and is traditionally enjoyed as a nutritious, warm breakfast.
You will be learning essential components in creating the most delicious Nasi Kandar:
- Fragrant Coconut Rice. Learn all the details to create this fluffy fragrant coconut rice with the right texture and delicious taste.
- Rempah Fried Chicken. Wait until you try this freshly fried rempah fried chicken. The best you will ever taste! Learn to create the marination, how to process the chicken, how to create a tender, crispy fried chicken!
- Fish Curry. Another stunner that you don’t want to miss out!
- Squid/Sotong Kicap. How to process the squid, how to create the sauce that has a wonderful balance of flavour and texture.
- Turmeric and Chili Cabbage. The vegetable dish that will essentially tie everything together.
Do not miss you this special class and a chance to learn this delicious classic dish from the talented and kind Chef Mano Thevar!
Suitable for All Levels (Novice/Intermediate/Advanced)
Maximum of 20 participants
CHEF MANO THEVAR
Note: Chef will demonstrate all recipes. Participants will sample all the items demonstrated items. Some photos are for references purpose only.