Book by 6 Jan to Get 10% Early Bird Discount.
Whip up a prosperity feast to usher in the Chinese New Year with your family and friends. Learn to create a scrumptious 3-course menu, specially-curated and taught by a renowned Chef. The menu features a delicious line up of ingredients that denote prosperity and fortune for the coming year. Serve them up right from the stove in eye-catching and vibrant cast iron cookware from Le Creuset for a contemporary update on the dining table.
1. Decadent Sweet and Sour Fish that Blooms Like a Flower with Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé
Fish is a must-have on every table during Chinese New Year. 花开富贵, a CNY greeting word which means prosperity and abundance like a blossoming flower. In this special dish, the fish is cut into smaller strips that look like a chrysanthemum and fried to perfection using Le Creuset cast iron cookware. Chef will teach students all the little techniques to achieve a satisfying result at home.
Enjoy Chef Kelvin’s special version of sweet and sour sauce using honey pineapple and other secret ingredients such as “san zha pian” (hawthorn fruit). The sauce is not overly sweet, savoury and will be delightful for your family. The fruity aromas and freshness of Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé compliments the tangy flavour of the sweet and sour sauce, and the crispness of the fried fish.
- Appearance: Luminous rosé colour, shot through with glints of pale orange.
- Nose: Stone fruits with the first whiff, and the subtle fragrance of blood oranges, raspberry, honeysuckle and roses, culminating in blackberries and cherries.
- Palate: Intense and balanced champagne, sharp and strong sensation.
2.Braised Abalone with Fa Cai and Silky Homemade Seaweed Tofu with Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque 2011
Succulent braised abalone with jin hua ham that is tender and melts in your mouth. The abalone is served with fa cai vegetable and soft, silky homemade seaweed tofu. The vibrant candied citrus notes of Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque 2011 enhance the saline freshness of abalone, while its refinement and delicacy harmonize the soft texture of this gourmet dish. Serve this luxurious dish in a beautiful Le Creuset table ware.
Belle Epoque 2011:
- Appearance: Translucent gold of radiant clarity with fresh, subtle glints of green and fine bubbles.
- Nose: Floral, with acacia and lime-blossom flowers, complemented by slight honey notes. The fresh aromas of almond, white peach and pear are then enveloped in candied citrus peel notes.
- Palate: A tenacity of white fruit, followed by a mineral finish
3.Glutinous Rice with Chinese Sausage, Pork Liver Sausage Wrapped in Lotus Leaf with Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Rosé 2006
A comforting and a crowd-pleaser. The marriage of various types of cured meat infuses the rice with its rich aroma and flavour, steamed to perfection in lotus leaf. Learn all the little details that elevate this classic dish from ordinary to the extraordinary. The intensity and voluptuous notes of Belle Epoque Rosé 2006 will bring out the bold and multi-faceted flavours of this dish.
Belle Epoque Rosé 2006:
- Appearance: Pale Rosé with hints of orange.
- Nose: Rounded yet delicate aromas of red fruits (red currants, raspberries and pomegranate). This is followed by hints of nuts, brioche, honey and caramel.
- Palate: Intense, generous and powerful. Great finesse and a long, lingering finish.
Suitable for All Levels (Novice/Intermediate/Advanced)
Maximum of 20 participants
Chef will demonstrate all recipes.
Participants will sample all the items demonstrated with the champagne pairing at the elegantly set up table at My Turn To Host.