While subjects define a painting, it is the mood portrayed and the emotions evoked that captivate the viewer. Atmosphere and theatrics in a painting can transform a simple composition into a world of its own. We will let our brush dance, colours flow ever so freely, creating an art piece with the movement of elements forever marked on paper.
This workshop is perfect for beginners, no prior painting experience is needed.
Certain techniques to achieve a carefree and spontaneous brush rhythms will be explored in this engaging, intimate lesson we have prepared for you in our exclusive studio, personally guided by the ever so talented lead artist, Jovy Merryl to create your very own masterpiece. We promise there will be plenty of smile throughout the 2-days session!
What you will learn:
- Landscape painting techniques
- Step-by-step guide in painting trees, foliages, sky and other land elements
- Understanding composition, atmosphere, and how to create unity and balanced mood
- Understanding pigment properties
- Understanding control of water
- Understanding soft and hard edges
- Brush marking and handling
What you will receive:
- Fine quality watercolor paint to be used during the workshop
- Fine quality watercolour brush to be used during the workshop
- Artist-grade watercolour paper
- Access to Google classroom upon workshop completion
By the end of the session, you will create and bring home your own creation:
- Watercolour framed landscape portrait
Delight yourself in this fun-filled art workshop at the beautiful My Turn To Host studio.
Light refreshment and homemade lunch will be provided.